Title: Councilman Ward 4
Email Councilman Bradley
About Mike Bradley
- How long have you lived in Rockmart? Although born in Rockmart, my family moved away when I was an infant. I moved back to Rockmart in 2006. When I returned I knew that I did not just want to live here, I wanted to be involved in the community and it’s development and growth. I started attending council meetings to learn the plans, on-going projects, current ideas, and I shared a few myself before the council.
- How long have you been on the council? I became a member of the Rockmart Business Alliance and was elected the president during 2009. After that tenure I was appointed to the City Planning Commission and remained until I resigned to assume the role of councilman in January of 2020. In 2017 the present Mayor, Mr. Ross, was elected as councilman in ward #4 to serve through 2021. However, he resigned to run for mayor in 2019. Upon his announcement of the upcoming vacancy of his council seat I decided to qualify for the position and was elected to the unexpired term.
- What are your goals as councilmen/woman? As councilman I want to see a moderate, yet
planned growth in Rockmart. I want to see new modern development while
also sustaining the charm and character of our historic areas.
- What is your favorite thing about Rockmart? I love the hometown feel of Rockmart, the
excitement of the citizens about the community, and the potential that Rockmart
has to be the desired location of not only Polk County, but the surrounding
areas as well.
- Your promise to the community is…? As councilman, I have an open door policy. I encourage any citizen with
an idea, a concern, a complaint or observation to contact myself or their
respective councilman. And I promise that I will diligently do my best to
forward not only my position, but also the city, the community standards, the
safety and opportunity of all citizens of the great city of Rockmart.