Rockmart City Logo
  • ...loading weather data...
    Weather Icon



How do I register a complaint or send a special request?

You may contact our main number at 770-684-5454 and explain your concern or request. The information will be entered into our Request Tracker to be sent to the proper department. You may also enter the information yourself into the Request Tracker system from the quick link provided. Request Tracker

Does the administration office close for lunch?

The main office is closed for lunch from 1:00 to 2:00 PM. The drive thru window is also closed during that time. For your convenience, water-sewer and tax payments may be left in the drop slot inside the office, or in the drop box at the drive thru window.

Are security deposits for water services refundable?

After 24 consecutive months of payments without penalties you may request the deposit to be refunded. If the deposit is left on the account, it will be applied to your final bill when service is stopped. Requests for deposit refunds on active accounts must be accompanied by the signed paperwork in our utility billing office. You will then be notified if the refund is approved.

How do I submit a request to address the City Council?

You must complete an application as a delegate which you will find below. This must be submitted to the City Clerk by noon on the Friday before the Council meeting you wish to be part of. Council meeting are normally held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM. Changes to that schedule are rare but will be posted on our website. Application for delegation to address City Council

How Do I…?

Why do we have water restrictions?

Due to drought conditions it is necessary for everyone to do their part to conserve water.

How is the best way to reach your office?

Call us at 770-684-5454 or visit our offices Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.

Directions: From Highway 278 (GA 6) in Rockmart, Georgia, turn South on Highway 101 (Piedmont Avenue). Go past the third traffic light, which is College Street, then turn Left off Piedmont Avenue into the parking lot of the Rockmart Government Complex.

Where do I apply for water, sewer, and garbage service?

City water, sewer, and garbage services can be established in the Water Department in the City of Rockmart Government, 316 North Piedmont Avenue. In order to obtain service in the City of Rockmart, the individual requesting service must provide the following information at the City Clerk's Office: 

  • Name
  • Photo ID
  • Service address
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number
  • Drivers License number
  • Place of employment and employer number
  • Settlement or closing documents, if service location is owned by service applicant
  • Property owner's name, if service location is rental property
  • Copy of lease or rental agreement establishing rental date

Fee schedule.

What are City Office hours?

City of Rockmart office hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The billing and payment office and the drive-thru window is closed for lunch from 1:00 to 2:00 PM. 

When and where are City Council meetings held?

The second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Council Chambers of the Rockmart Government Complex Administration Building, 316 N. Piedmont Ave., Rockmart, GA.

How do I make arrangements to rent one of the recreation facilities?

The second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Council Chambers of the Rockmart Government Complex Administration Building, 316 N. Piedmont Ave., Rockmart, GA.


If I live in another jurisdiction and need a Police Welfare Check or any call for service, what number should I dial?

If you live in a different jurisdiction and need assistance such as a Police Welfare Check or any call for service from an officer within Polk County (Aragon Police Department, Cedartown Police Department, Polk County Police Department, Polk County Sheriff, or Rockmart Police Department), please dial Polk County's non-emergency number at 770-748-3400. They will dispatch the appropriate department for you.

What if I need police assistance and the police department is closed?

If you have an emergency, dial 911. Otherwise, you may dial 770-748-3400 for non-emergencies.

What forms of payment are accepted for traffic citations, reports, or background checks?

Currently, the police department only accepts cash or money orders. Also, customers should have exact change. However, citations may be paid online using a credit or debit card. Online payment of citations

Can I pay my citation online?

Yes. You may select the link below to pay your citation using your debit or credit card. Pay fines here.

What if I want to report suspicious activity and I wish to remain anonymous?

You can call the Rockmart Police Department Tip Line at 770-684-2355.

What is the cost for accident/incident reports or background checks?

All accident or incident reports are $5.00. Background checks are $15.00.


What hours may I visit the RCAC Art Gallery?

Gallery & Gift Shop hours:
Tuesday 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
or by appointment.

(Closed Sunday, Monday and Friday).

Call 770-684-2707 or email to request an appointment. 

How do I register for an art class?

To register for a class, please email with the name of the class(es) which interest(s) you listed in the "Subject" line. 

Make sure to include your name, address, phone number(s), and the name of the potential student with date of birth listed. 

Your information will be forwarded to the art instructor to contact you regarding your particular art interest(s). 

We will also send you a registration form with instructions on how to complete the process, or you may print it from the link below.

If you have any more questions, please call us at 770-684-2707 or email

Click here for an Art Class Registration Form

How to I find answers to questions about The Rockmart Theatre?

Questions about The Rockmart Theatre operations and events should be directed to the RCAC Director at 770-684-2707 or email


What do I need to do to help with coaching?

Complete a volunteer application which may be obtained at the City Clerk's office, located in the Administration Building of the Rockmart Government Complex, 316 Piedmont Avenue, or from the Recreation Office which is located at 813 College Street in the Rockmart Gymnasium. 

Background checks are required.

What do I have to do to sign up for a youth recreation program?

Return the registration form to the Clerk's Office at 316 N.Piedmont Avenue, along with a copy of your child's birth certificate and the fee for the program.